October 1st, 2nd and 3rd at 7pm.
A puppy is an alien!!! They have no clue that what they are doing is "wrong" or "bad", they only do what nature tells them is right based on eons of evolution. It's up to the human to steer them in the right direction of living calmly in a human constructed world.
October 15th, 16th and 17th at 7pm
November 5th, 6th and 7th at 7pm
This 3 day, 6 hour, workshop is for those who either have already gotten their puppy and are struggling or are thinking of getting a puppy in the near future and want to know what to expect and how to be prepared. Raising a puppy can be a wonderful experience. It can also be really frustrating. Raising a puppy is not exactly the joy you were expecting? If any of the following apply, you need this workshop.
• You haven't brought your puppy home yet but are already overwhelmed by advice and things to buy, shots and training and socialization
• This is the first puppy you have raised on your own, and you want to make sure you get it right
• You already have a puppy. You are slowly going crazy trying to stop the biting, the chewing, the peeing and the crying.
• You suddenly feel like you don't have enough information on how to raise a great puppy and need help
• You are wondering if adopting a puppy was a big mistake and you might have even considered an ad on Craig's List
• Why isn't this new dog just like my old dog?
• I feel guilty for hating the puppy half the time
• I had dogs growing up but apparently I am not prepared for this!
This workshop is for you, the human. We will take you through all the stages of your puppy's first 4 months with you, what to expect at each turn and how to handle it. We will focus on the critical first week, how to manage shots and socialization at the same time, what training does a puppy need, how to get enough sleep those first few days, and how not to have your floors ruined by pee or your hands, furniture and shoes chewed up by razor sharp puppy teeth.
In addition we will cover how to effectively communicate with your puppy, how to elicit those behaviors you want and not always be shouting NO!, how to prevent separation anxiety and how to introduce a collar and leash and what to do with them once they are on your puppy.
Day 1 is about getting a puppy and living through that first week with enough sleep and effective potty training methods. We will also cover how to get your puppy socialized without risking injury or illness during the critical first 6 weeks of having your puppy. (2 hours)
Day 2 is for all those sharp teeth and how to prevent them slashing your hands, arms, face, furniture, shoes, and baseboards. We will also cover what to do once your puppy starts landscaping, jumping up on people, begging at the dinner table and introducing "alone time" to prevent separation anxiety. (2 hours)
Day 3 is the day you can bring your puppy to the workshop and learn all about the leash and how to exercise your puppy effectively and joyfully. (2 hours)
The workshop is $75 for the 6 hours and well worth the reduction in stress both for you and for your puppy.